Saturday morning three days before Christmas finds us at Rondebosch Common parkrun in Cape Town, South Africa.
In the parkrun mix today:
- An 8 a.m. start (and already pretty hot in the sun)
- Two laps of the common with stunning views of table mountain
- 572 runners/walkers
- 20 friendly marshals
- Cam making a quick turnaround from Friday night raving shoes to Saturday morning running shoes (as usual); Calum failing to surface (as usual).
- A number of runners joining the milestone clubs
- Posh parkrun branded kilometre markers
- Same instructions about sub-11-year-olds, dogs and buggies (must be the second most commonly given set of safety instructions after those before before take-off on a plane)
- One bride and groom (from Seattle) doing their first ever parkrun on their wedding day.
- An 80 year old local man running his 100th parkrun (amazing in itself but even more so when were told that he has got faster every year for the past five)
- Our friends from Richmond parkrun
- Another UK runner from Milton Keynesl
To be so far from home but feel very much at home. Love parkrun!